No Employment Opportunities are Available at This Time
|Position Title:||Analyst, Debt and Equity Underwriting and Funding|
|Reporting to:||Founder and Principal Broker|
|Location:||Toronto (flexbile combination of virtual and in-office)|
The Analyst, (“Analyst”) will work closely with the Founder and Principal Broker (“PB”) to provide support to the Origination efforts of the company by underwriting commercial real estate debt and equity opportunities through the collection of information and analysis. The Analyst shall also be primarily responsible for working collaboratively with Borrowers/Partners and Lenders in order to process initial and ongoing capital advances and overall loan and project management.
This position is presented within a busy and ambitious start-up company whose Founder has 20 years of experience in the commercial real estate lending landscape. It provides an opportunity for an experienced candidate to start at the ground floor of a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization intended on expansion, giving him/her opportunities for tremendous growth. There will be daily interaction with the PB, which will provide opportunities for learning, professional and personal growth, in addition to exposure to a very broad spectrum of lenders, borrowers and capital partners.
- Review borrower information packages, evaluate and analyze information and prepare underwriting models to assess potential mortgage and equity investments including but not limited to senior, junior, construction and income producing property financing related to real property asset classes / project types.
- Verification of accuracy of borrower/client information, assess capacity of borrower, create/populate financial models to assess opportunities, analyze borrower and guarantor financial statements and assess suitability of all the forgoing in order to determine (along with the assistance of the PB), which lenders and financial partners may be best suited for the opportunity.
- Attend to property inspections from time to time and occasionally meet with borrowers/partners & lenders.
- Prepare loan and opportunity proposals for lenders and investors.
- Assess, compare and contrast offers from Lenders and prepare summary for borrowers/partners.
- Maintain mortgage agent continuing education requirements from time to time.
- Complete funding checklists based on lender/partner commitment letter pre-funding conditions
- Collect and analyze property, borrower/client and guarantor due diligence information including financial statements, budgets, operating statements and rent rolls
- Collect and analyze third party reports including appraisals, environmental assessments, building condition reports, insurance consulting reports and monthly project monitor reports
- Analyze tenant leases and operating expenses, comparing them to rent rolls, operating statements and budgets
- Coordinate with lenders, partners and borrowers and internal staff to complete loan transactions and/or construction advances in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist and maintain weekly pipeline reports
- Prepare monthly equity portfolio reports
- Prepare quarterly debt portfolio reports
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A university graduate with emphasis on real estate finance
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience at a lending organization or RE private equity firm
- Experience preferably to include primarily construction lending and secondarily income producing asset lending
- Excellent at financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A dynamic self-starter with a passion for the industry
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with changing priorities
- Exceptional organizational, time management and multi‐tasking skills
- Always willing to take ownership and responsibility for own effort and results
- Able to maintain high standard of personal conduct with internal and external contacts
- Respect for the urgency of our business with a mindset of work-life-health balance
HOW TO APPLY
Should your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, please address your CV to: Francesco (Frank) Margani at Franc & Co.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.